Monday, November 11, 2013

Brokenhearted (Hope Cove #1) by Cate Ashwood


My emotions overload because there is no hand to hold, there’s no shoulder here to lean on; I’m walking all on my own.” 
― Christina Aguilera,


Hope Cove: Book One

Oliver Parrish has been alone in the world since he was born. So when Sheriff Owen “Mack” Macklin shows up on his doorstep to deliver the news that Oliver’s sister has died, he’s beyond surprised. Still, Oliver returns with Mack to Hope Cove, Maine, hoping to get to know the sister he never knew he had. As he tries to snap these new elements into his solitary life, he’s not sure how they might fit.

His life is shaken up further as he falls in love with the irresistible town of Hope Cove, and with Mack, its equally irresistible sheriff. But when he receives devastating news about his sister's cause of death, Oliver doesn't know whether to stay and fight for love and a good life, or cut his losses and run.


"There is no peace, though, is there?  Rest in Peace is one big fucking cosmic joke, because you're gone and everyone else is left to pick up the goddamn broken pieces that shattered all over the fucking place."




This book absolutely blew me away!  When I read the blurb, I went in with some skepticism.  This is the first book I have read by +Cate Ashwood, but I can tell you this will not be the last.  Her Oliver is one of the best characters that I have ever had the pleasure of meeting,  Beautiful, lonely and sweet man/boy who has never received a break in his life, founds that he has a sister.  The bad thing is that she has passed away living him her estate, that includes her bakery and apartment.   her bestfriend since 4th grade, Mack goes to Seattle to find Oliver and tell him the news about Maggie. This book is about the road not travelled,  finding yourself and how love can conquer anything no matter what the odds.  I laughed and I cried ugly tears for Oliver.  So don't miss your opportunity to visit Hope Cove, Maine.


I give "Brokenhearted" 



No comments:

Post a Comment