Thursday, November 14, 2013

Try by Ella Frank

Pleasure Fucking Overload




Try – verb: to make an attempt or effort to do something or in this case…someone.

Sex. Logan Mitchell loves it, and ever since he realized his raw sexual appeal at a young age, he has had no problem using it to his advantage. Men and women alike fall into his bed—after all, Logan is not one to discriminate. He lives by one motto—if something interests you, why not just take a chance and try?

And he wants to try Tate Morrison.

Just coming out of a four-year marriage with an ex-wife from hell, a relationship is the last thing on Tate’s mind. He’s starting fresh and trying to get back on his feet with a new job at an upscale bar in downtown Chicago.

The only problem is, Tate has caught the unwavering and unwelcome attention of Mr. Logan Mitchell – a regular at the bar and a man who always gets what he wants.

Night after night Tate fends off the persistent advances of the undeniably charismatic man, but after an explosive moment in the bar, all bets are off as he finds his body stirring with a different desire than his mind.

As arrogance, stubbornness and sexual tension sizzles between the two, it threatens to change the very course of their lives.

Logan doesn’t do relationships. Tate doesn’t do men. But what would happen if they both just gave in and…tried?

Meet Logan Mitchell

Meet Tate Morrison

"God, from the minute we met, you’ve been nothing but pure fucking temptation for me" Logan Mitchell

The easiest ★★★★★'s Ever



How can I explain how I felt reading this book?  Can anyone explain sponteous combustion?  Because that is what I felt constantly through the whole damn book.  From page 3 I was enchanted with the player Logan, instantly fell in love with one line  "Batter up! I want to play with some balls."  Ella Frank has taken a real gamble on stepping into a new genre, M/M with in my honest option is the best genre today.  Damn if she doesn't come up with "snake eyes", this is her best book to date IMO.  The title could not have been better named, because this book was all about trying.  It is about finding yourself, losing yourself and bettering yourself.    We meet Logan Mitchell from the start,  on an airplane "For the admission price of $543.90, was inducted into the exclusive Mile High Club, and it was worth every last penny"

So when Logan walks into his favorite after hours bar, we find that our "player" is actually bi-sexual, and when he lays eyes on the new "straight" bartender Tate Morrison it was instant #I'mgoingtotaptakeandsoon lust.  But Tate see's Logan as the player that he is and calls him out on his conquests, and Logan being the smartass talker he is responds   
"That I like to fuck, and that I’ve slept with almost all of the women and a couple of the guys you work with.  And just so you don’t worry about them, they all thanked me afterward."  BAM I fucking love Logan!!!!!  This book is riddled with some of the best quotes and come backs that I have ever had the pleasure of reading.  Here is just a few of my 66 Kindle highlights:

"Does every word that comes out of mouth have to do with sex?   Usually, eighty/twenty, but with you it seems more like ninety-eight/two"

"You’re welcome to try, but unless something’s shoved in my mouth, I have to tell you, it’s next to impossible to ever shut me up"



"You can look all you like-in there.  Now, invite me into your bed, Tate.  You need an invitation?  I want one.  I want you to invite into your bed."

"You make me want things that I’d forgotten I wanted"

"So….what’s your truth, Logan?    I think you are."

"Stay?  Yes
Good, I want you to stay
Then, I’ll stay"

***Fanning my self***,  I could go on with Ella's dialogue,  to put simply this was the hottest book I have ever read, in ANY genre.  I look forward to next summer when I can get my hands back on my "boys" in Take.  This book made me laugh, made cry, and made want the throttle Logan multiple times through out it.












No comments:

Post a Comment