Saturday, April 25, 2015

Snowcroft Safehouse (Book 2 of The Men of Snowcroft) by Christi Snow

Snowcroft Safehouse
(Book 2 of The Men of Snowcroft)
by
Christi Snow

Snowcroft Safehouse by Christi Snow[4].jpg

Blurb:


A year ago Declan Jasper was entertaining sold-out arena crowds as the lead singer of Black Rainbows. But that came to an explosive end when the band got caught up in a criminal cover-up, one that ended with the entire band dead. At least that’s what everyone is supposed to think.

Now, Dex is hiding in plain sight, working as the school band director in a sleepy little mountain resort town while under the protection of a hard-nosed FBI agent. Instead of eyeliner and black leather, he now wears glasses and corduroy. Instead of having sexy coeds—both male and female—throw themselves into his bed, he’s dealing with teenage angst and grumpy parents.

At the top of his troubles list is Kelsey Walker, a junior high bundle of rare musical talent in the form of one confused, messed-up adolescent. Dex figures the problem comes from her broken home and wants to help. But when he meets her father, sexy bar-owner, Jack Walker, he realizes that instead of helping he’s probably just bringing more trouble and danger to their door.

Dex has to stay alive until the trial to bring his bandmates’ murderers to justice, but can he do that if it means sacrificing his own happily ever after?

Review

I’m a sucker for a good M/M suspense, it happens to be my favorite sub-genre,  and this book was everything I was looking for.  After suffering through the loss of 3 of his best friends and bandmates, Declan “Dex” Jasper/Finn Alexander has put his life on hold and pretened to be dead to bring a murderer to justice.

But teaching junior high band, was not something he was looking forward to facing.  When he meets bar owner Jack and his 12-year-old daughter Kelsey, Finn thinks this is not such a bad set up.
Loved how Dex knew that Kelsey heard music in her head,  and set up to let it loose.
The suspense really doesn’t build up until about 60% into book, but the ride the author takes you on to get there made it worth while.





ABOUT  THE  AUTHOR

As an avid reader my entire life, I’ve always dreamed of writing books that brought to others the kind of joy I feel when I read.

But…I never did anything about it besides jot down a few ideas and sparse scenes.

When I turned 41, I decided it was time to go after my dream and started writing. Within four months, I’d written over 150,000 words and haven’t stopped since. I’ve found my passion by writing about sexy, alpha heroes and smart, tough heroines falling in love and finding their passion. I’m truly living the dream and loving every minute of it.

My tagline is…

Passion and adventure on the road to Happily Ever After. I have to admit, I am loving this adventure!
WellnessBadge.png
Was giving this book through NetGalley for my honest review

5.jpeg
I give this book 5 Saxophones



cheryl propic.png

No comments:

Post a Comment